Is there a way to have “straight” connections in model builder in ArcGIS Pro?

11-08-2017 12:43 PM
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

Is there a way to have “straight” connections in model builder in ArcGIS Pro?

For example, connections in model builder in ArcMap are straight, however, in ArcGIS Pro, they are not. Is there a way to have “straight” connections in model builder in ArcGIS Pro?

This request might appear minor but I wanted to check with the experts if this is still possible in ArcGIS Pro

----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
17 Replies
ShitijMehta
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jamal,

We use a third party diagramming package and currently they have a bug/gap with links and routing. We are working with them and are hoping that we cal accommodate all types of routing such as straight line and orthogonal in the upcoming releases. Sorry for this current limitation.

Thanks!

robertkalasek
New Contributor III

the current implementation of the "auto routing" is really annoying ! and (what is even worse) produces confusing layouts !

ShitijMehta
Esri Regular Contributor
Yes, we are working on giving users the control to choose the routing. We will resolve this soon
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

in Pro at least the latest version... you are supposed to be able to modify the properties of the connectors

http://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/help/analysis/geoprocessing/modelbuilder/diagram-and-display-proper...

unless there is a bug

ShitijMehta
Esri Regular Contributor

You can add segment nodes by simply clicking on the connector lines, but you still do not have the choice to choose a type of routing. Plus existing issues with the diagramming package prevents us from giving that control or avoid auto route currently. We are working to get these issues resolved.

robertkalasek
New Contributor III

... i would be pleased to just have a "non-auto-route" mode working. like it used to be in arcgis desktop ... if somebody needs a fancy route design, he/she is free to spend hours of adding/moving nodes on it. but having to spend hours for removing auto-route-results doesn't make any sense to me

robertkalasek
New Contributor III

thx for the information - but just have a look at this auto-layouting result within my model. it would take ages to clean it from those uggly connector-layout manually ....

ShitijMehta
Esri Regular Contributor

Does AutoLayout work for you? It will change the layout, but optimism the links.

DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

So in summary, it appears to be possible to change the links.... but there should be the option to toggle off the 'auto' mode

sounds like an https://community.esri.com/community/arcgis-ideas?sr=search&searchId=42a8d66c-b650-44a4-9732-5612141...‌ or maybe it is there already