AnsweredAssumed Answered

Can't change service properties on federated GIS Server even though I'm an admin

Question asked by cbfollettdepaul on Nov 8, 2017
Latest reply on Sep 28, 2018 by danielriverotaborga

I get the following message in Manager,

"The service is owned by another user. The sharing properties can only be modified by the owner."

The GIS Server is federated with Portal, so I'm logging in to Manager using an account that has administrative access on Portal. Yet, I can't adjust any of the properties of the published services on the GIS server that are published by folks with the level of Publisher, but not properly shared with the organization. I want to adjust this on their behalf, but I get the "service is owned by another user" error.

Is there a way around this? With a federated server, is it possible to login to Manager with an account with elevated privilege to make such changes (Were it not federated, I know that an administrative account on the GIS Server would have those privileges).

Or, is this happening because administrative access through the web adaptor is disabled, so I would have to make this level of change on the host machine environment?

- Cassie

Outcomes