New Portal Install : Set Hosting Server Issues

11-07-2017 10:31 AM
BrianO_keefe
Occasional Contributor III

Unable to set <server> as the hosting server.

Failed to update federated server '<server>:<port> (id: <id>)'. Failed to validate the server managed database '/enterpriseDatabases/AGSDataStore_ds_76i0psz6'.

This is the message we get when we try to set the FEDERATED ArcGIS for Server from the drop down in :

Portal > Organization > Edit Settings > Servers > Hosting Server

We have the following setup...

Server01 : ArcGIS Server

Server02 : Portal

Server03 : Relational Data Server (Data Server Installed and Configured)

On Server03 we have installed the Datastore app and configured it, pointing it to Server01.

On Server01 it shows the following:

On Server02 we have federated Server01.

So why am I showing an Exclamation? Do I need to create a GeoDatabase manually? The Wizard for DataStore has been run... Any ideas? Suggestions?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

If you were to hover over the exclamation point, what does it tell you?  You can also check the logs for Server.

0 Kudos
BrianO_keefe

Turns out that the Relational Datastore cannot be installed on a drive other than C:

We were keeping these new servers separated out... OS on one drive and apps on another.

We uninstalled and reinstalled Datastore... created the ACTUAL DataStore on a different drive and all was fine...

But the Apps needs to be installed on C:

0 Kudos
AnthonyRyanEQL

Brian,

What version are you using? Just asking because we have 10.3.1 and all the software (Server, Portal & Datastore) & IIS are installed on D:\ Drive and have no issues whatsoever.

0 Kudos
BrianO_keefe

We have software that requires the newest version. So... that has made this whole process interesting...

0 Kudos
BrianO_keefe

So it turns out that the RELATIONAL Data Store has to be installed on the C: drive or else Portal 10.5.1 chokes.

Problem is solved...

0 Kudos