Conditions on Select One effecting a separate Select One question

Jump to solution
11-02-2017 05:03 PM
GraceBeaujean
New Contributor III

Is there a way to make conditions on a "Select One" question that will apply to another "Select One" question. For instance, I'm building a survey that has a Select One question where users can pick from a list of School Districts. I would like the next question to then be a Select One on schools, but I would like only the schools that are within the above selected School District to be pulled. Is that possible? I'm currently building this survey online, where I know this is not a possibility, but I could easily switch to Connect if that will provide me with more options. 

Many thanks!!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Grace

The functionality you describe here is called a cascading select. This is where you have two select_one questions, and the first one filters the options in the second. We have a sample available through Connect (called Cascading selects!) which will give you a start.

There is also a blog about them here: https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2015/10/22/cascading-selects-and-external-selects 

Please let me know if you need any help with this.

Thanks

John

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ClaireProctor
Occasional Contributor

Hi Grace,

Yes, there's something to do exactly this in Survey123 Connect! What you're looking for is covered well by cascading selects.

Cascading and external selects—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Grace

The functionality you describe here is called a cascading select. This is where you have two select_one questions, and the first one filters the options in the second. We have a sample available through Connect (called Cascading selects!) which will give you a start.

There is also a blog about them here: https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2015/10/22/cascading-selects-and-external-selects 

Please let me know if you need any help with this.

Thanks

John