Can not join features

Jump to solution
11-03-2017 03:07 AM
BrankoIlic2
New Contributor

In ArcGIS Online I can not join features by columns lat (not Latitude) and latitude, how to do this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CarmelConnolly
Esri Regular Contributor

It's possible to do, but not with the BAT - Battery layer as it's currently not working as expected. It looks like none of the Analysis tools will work on it in it's current state. 

Carmel

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
CarmelConnolly
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Branco, 

Are you able to share the layer URLs with us?

What kind of data is BAT - Battery? Is it a hosted feature service or did was it a CSV you dragged and dropped on the map?

Carmel

0 Kudos
BrankoIlic2
New Contributor

https://services.arcgis.com/BKDj2O9wOxDS007e/arcgis/rest/services/libelium_service/FeatureServer/1 
It is data that I receive from some sensors, which are sending data to my esri account.

0 Kudos
CarmelConnolly
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Branko, 

Thanks for that - I've ran the analysis and encountered the same error.

I've noticed that none of the BAT - Battery features appear on the map, and same with any of the libelium_services layers. How was this created? Do you see the features on the map? There may be a geometry issue. 

Additionally, when I query the rest end point of the layers (Where = '1=1'), this is what I am returned which I haven't seen before: 

Carmel

0 Kudos
BrankoIlic2
New Contributor

Hi Carmel,
Thanks for replies, I am aware of that problem, I have asked Libelium (who makes sensors and made solution to send data from sensors to esri cloud) in Geometry property missing at ESRI data - www.libelium.com/forum  and thay are aware of that too.
But when I get geometry position I will still have to join those layers to show them on one layer.
I have managed to get last row from data of layer by using ArcGIS API, but it is demanded now to do this in ArcGIS  Online account.
Branko

0 Kudos
CarmelConnolly
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Branko, 

When Libelium fix the issue, then it will be possible to join the data based on the LAT field as long as the field types are the same and there's no conflict between the precision of the figures.

Carmel

0 Kudos
BrankoIlic2
New Contributor

Hi Carmel,

So it is not possible to add column in Map Viewer, set it default value, and by that column and value join with other layer?

Branko

0 Kudos
CarmelConnolly
Esri Regular Contributor

It's possible to do, but not with the BAT - Battery layer as it's currently not working as expected. It looks like none of the Analysis tools will work on it in it's current state. 

Carmel

0 Kudos