Classification tools

Jump to solution
11-03-2017 09:09 AM
BobChristensen
Occasional Contributor

Hi, 

I am using ArcGIS Pro 2.0.1 to perform a supervised classification. After going through the process, I further modified the output raster by combining with other rasters to add additional attributes to the table (elevation, slope, aspect, etc.). 

Now I would like to be able to regain access to the reclassifier tool to take care of some problem areas. Unfortunately, I can't access the reclassifier tool with this raster selected. I can see the tool if I go back to an earlier version of the classified raster so I am assuming there is something about the raster characteristics that does not allow me to use the reclassifier tool anymore. Can someone explain to me how I can use the reclassifier tool on a raster that was produced by the image classification wizard, then further modified using the raster calculator? For example, does the raster need to be 8 bit in order to use the reclassifier? Or is it the format that matters?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
4 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

what was the original data type and format and what is the new? 

0 Kudos
BobChristensen
Occasional Contributor

Original

Format: FGDBR

Source Type: Thematic

Pixel Type: unsigned char

Pixel Depth: 8 bit

New

Format: FGDBR

Source Type: Generic

Pixel Type: unsigned short

Pixel Depth: 16 bit

0 Kudos
BobChristensen
Occasional Contributor

Oh boy, I think I figured it out. I used arccatalog to change source type from generic to thematic and now I can see the reclassifier tool! 

Quick follow up - how would I make that change within the arcgis pro environment?

b