Set layers as unselectable in ArcGIS Online?

Jump to solution
11-01-2017 06:58 PM
SimonPook1
New Contributor III

Im putting together a reasonably simple app with ArcGIS Online showing Census data, which is translucent, but covers the basemap.
I have two identical layers of suburb boundaries that are displayed differently for cosmetic purposes (a black broken line type on top of a solid white line type) & one is labelled using the suburb name. These layers sit on top of the other data layers. They are purely reference layers & have nothing more to add to the map than what they offer visually.

These two suburb layers are hidden from the legend & I would really like to make them unselectable so they are visible in the map, but do not show as the first layers to show up in either the attribute table or the selection list when using the selection widget/ tool., but I can't see a way of making this so.

Is there a way to make layers unselectable using ArcGIS Online & the app builder?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

If the boundary layers are just for display purposes you could consider publishing a hosted tile layer, removing the pop-up, and adding it to the basemap. This should hide it from the layer list widget in Web AppBuilder.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

If the boundary layers are just for display purposes you could consider publishing a hosted tile layer, removing the pop-up, and adding it to the basemap. This should hide it from the layer list widget in Web AppBuilder.