When passing attributes from Collector to Survey123, the "/" character gets changed to "%2F"

Jump to solution
10-31-2017 02:52 PM
EricHeinrichs
Occasional Contributor

I have a field that should read 5/8", but the forward slash in the middle is getting replaced with the "%2F" code.

Is there any way to make sure the attribute string gets passed properly?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Eric

This is a known BUG: BUG-000107010 When fields are passed from a feature service to Survey123 for ArcGIS survey through custom URL scheme, URL encoding is not decoded in final survey result.

I will add you to it.

Thanks

John

View solution in original post

7 Replies
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Eric

This is a known BUG: BUG-000107010 When fields are passed from a feature service to Survey123 for ArcGIS survey through custom URL scheme, URL encoding is not decoded in final survey result.

I will add you to it.

Thanks

John

EricHeinrichs
Occasional Contributor

Ok, thanks for the update!

Is there any way to work around it, or do I just have to wait for it to get fixed in a future update?

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Currently the only option is to download the data and perform and a find and replace to remove encoding characters (until we provide a fix).

0 Kudos
EricHeinrichs
Occasional Contributor

Alright, sounds good. I can deal with it for me.

On another note, I am getting ready to send this out on our iPads, and none of the attributes are making their way onto the Survey123 form. 

All of these come in properly when I click my link in the web map on my PC, but when I move from Collector to Survey123 on my iPad, I get this.

Any idea what the problem might be?

EDIT: I figured it out. It was due to the capitalization in the field names. Once I capitalized the field names in the link in Collector, everything worked as intended. 

0 Kudos
MichaelKelly
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Eric,

Are you sure the cases for the field names match the service endpoint? iOS can sometimes be more sensitive when it comes to cases.

If this isn't the problem, can you show us what the URL looks like through the webmap? I wouldn't expect the field to be populated like that either way.

0 Kudos
EricHeinrichs
Occasional Contributor

Hi Michael,

I added an edit to my post saying that the cases for the field names didn't match up. Once I changed that, everything worked as intended. 

0 Kudos
MikeOnzay
Occasional Contributor III

My solution was to create a hidden field called MeterSize2 and then used an IF calculation on the MeterSize field (a note field) so it would display like I wanted it to.

if((${MeterSize2}='3%2F4 INCH'),'3/4 INCH',if((${MeterSize2}='5%2F8 INCH'),'5/8 INCH',if((${MeterSize2}='1 1%2F2 INCH'),'1 1/2 INCH',if((${MeterSize2}='1 1%2F2 INCH'),'1 1/2 INCH',if((${MeterSize2}='1 1%2F2 INCH'),'1 1/2 INCH',if((${MeterSize2}='1 1%2F2 INCH DISC'),'1 1/2 INCH DISC',if((${MeterSize2}='1 1%2F2 INCH DISC TOUCH READ'),'1 1/2 INCH DISC TOUCH READ',${MeterSize2})))))))

0 Kudos