AnsweredAssumed Answered

arcgis online transition

Question asked by pacofa on Oct 31, 2017

Hello,

I've been directed to move our webmap application's MapServices over to ArcGIS Online.  Our existing application uses ArcGISDynamicMapServiceLayer javascript class extensively to display our many MapService layers and layer groups, show our selected symbologies, allow click attribute popups, and allow searching capabilities.

I'm very confused and overwhelmed about how to properly move our services over, because ArcGIS Online only allows Tiled Mapping and Feature Access capabilities from the publishing, service editor dialog box.  It does not have Mapping capabilities listed, which is how I've published in the past. 

What type of service should I be publishing on ArcGIS Online to allow all the same capabilities (listed above) that our site currently offers?  What javascript class should I use if ArcGISDynamicMapServiceLayer is not supported for that service type? 

Ideally, I would like a service type that can use ArcGISDynamicMapServiceLayer, so as to not have to re-design the site to accomplish this move.

Thank you!

Outcomes