Accessible Map

10-30-2017 11:06 AM
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

We created a demo app to start exploring ideas around making the map accessible. 

A11y Map 

We'd love if you could take some time to explore the demo map and provide us feedback on the process. If you are a developer you can access the source code on GitHub

7 Replies
RandallClark2
Occasional Contributor II

I really like this. thank you. However i am having some problems implementing it.

when i download the app from github, unpackage it, move to my websever, and try to access it the page doesnt load, it just spins.

Example

Im think i am just not changing the right setting in one of the JSON files. if this is the case where and what am i am  changing.

Then how do i configure it to work with my data?

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins

It looks like it is missing some of the files that are installed via npm. In order to get it to work you'll need to setup Node and NPM if you haven't already done so. Once node and npm are set up navigate to the app directory in a terminal and enter npm install. 

0 Kudos
JoyMiles
New Contributor III

This app looks good as a starting point, however I have not been able to compile it due to coding errors. Have you got and read me doco on getting started with this code as a base?

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins

What type of compile errors are you seeing?

0 Kudos
FionaRenton1

Could you please create a simple example like the sample maps on your JavascriptAPI web pages?

e.g. Load a basic WebMap | ArcGIS API for JavaScript 4.12 

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins

The problem with creating a simple sample is that the accessibility portion isn't currently a widget so the app includes the logic for that. At some point we'll create a widget based on the logic that you can then add to your app. 

FionaRenton1

Ok thanks. So far I've only found a GoogleMaps Javascript API sample for accessibility. 

0 Kudos