Survey123 for android returns a invalid client id when trying to add url for portal 10.4

10-30-2017 12:22 AM
SrinivasSanthanam
New Contributor

Hi,

We are using survey123 configured with portal 10.4.

When I try to configure the mobile app to work with our portal (which can be accessed externally) it says invalid client id error 500.

I observed the same error  when I tried to configure Survey123 Connect with the same portal url. So I registered an app id , and everything seems to work fine now. I have also registered an app id for survey123 website.

So my question is , do I have to create/register another app id for the mobile app? If yes, can someone provide me the url since I cannot find one (for the mobile app). If no, then is there any other way to add the portal 10.4 url for the mobile app.

We are using portal 10.4 and it can be accessed over the internet as well as intranet.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Srinivas,

Registering Survey123 Connect will result in the mobile app also being registered.  Is the 10.4 portal upgraded from a previous version?  If so, it would have required the steps in How To: Add Survey123 for ArcGIS as a registered application to Portal for ArcGIS 10.3.1; it sounds like you have done this.

0 Kudos
SrinivasSanthanam
New Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I have already registered the app id for

survey123 connect using the website you mentioned.

I found out a way as a workaround(definitely not the right approach). I

mention a wrong url (the portal url with a typo), ignore the ssl, it asks

for domain credentials, use my credentials, then replace the url with the

correct one and add url. Then it works.

However if i just add the portal url and ignore the ssl, it gives me

invalid client id 500.

With Regards

Srinivas Santhanam

0 Kudos