“zoom window” tool appears not to be available in ArcGIS Pro,

Jump to solution
10-28-2017 12:04 PM
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

“zoom window” tool appears not to be available in ArcGIS Pro,

I couldn’t figure out if there is a way to “zoom window” in ArcGIS Pro as we do in ArcMap.

----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Rectangle Zoom is available in ArcGIS Pro 2.2.  It isn't included in the ribbon by default, but you can go to the backstage Options and add it to a group in a ribbon or to the Quick Access Toolbar. 

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Asrujit_SenGupta
MVP Regular Contributor
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

Thanks Asrujit.

I wanted to check with the community if this has been already fixed in the latest releases (Pro 1.4). Unfortunately, this tool is still not there!

Jamal Numan
0 Kudos
Asrujit_SenGupta
MVP Regular Contributor

Jamal, as has been pointed out by others, ArcGIS Pro is not designed in the same manner as ArcMap. Things are different in some respect, for the betterment. So you will not find everything same as ArcMap. This does not mean that this is an issue in ArcGIS Pro which needs "fixing". This is as designed.

If you have found a flaw in the design, report it to Esri Tech Support or maybe https://community.esri.com/community/arcgis-ideas?sr=search&searchId=5eb4e739-c104-4d10-aacf-0076f6f.... But otherwise, you will slowly have to explore ArcGIS Pro and look at the new functionalities, features and get used to these changes‌.

JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

What you have mentioned is hundred percent correct. However, what I’m referring to here is to find an equivalent tool that does the same function. In ArcMap, the Zoom Window is available as a stand-alone tool. In ArcGIS Pro, this can be achieved by clicking shift. I do understand this.

What I’m reporting regarding ArcGIS Pro are little things but form a challenge as I’m coming from the school of ArcMap.

Jamal Numan
0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Rectangle Zoom is available in ArcGIS Pro 2.2.  It isn't included in the ribbon by default, but you can go to the backstage Options and add it to a group in a ribbon or to the Quick Access Toolbar. 

JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

Many thanks Kory for the help. It is nice that this tool is included in 2.2 version

Jamal Numan