ArcGIS online - unable to add attachments to a feature that is served by Portal.

10-25-2017 11:11 AM
NancyMilholland
New Contributor III

I have a feature service (back end referenced SDE Postgres database) that is published to an internal portal. The feature service is password protected, ie not shared with everyone. I have added the link to the feature service  to my organization's ArcGIS online content with the password embedded. I am able to edit features in ArcGIS online, view any feature attachments, and delete feature attachments. However I am unable to add attachments in ArcGIS online - there is a message of "file type unsupported" or no message at all and the attachment is never added. I can add the same attachment if I go to my portal's arcgis interface. 

ArcGIS Online  - two existing attachments that I can view or delete but unable to add any attachments through ArcGIS Online. Able to add and edit the features otherwise.  

Portal - able to add the file

This seems like a bug...

0 Kudos
1 Reply
NancyMilholland
New Contributor III

Investigating further - if I access the the arcgis online web map through the Collector App I am able to add a photo.

0 Kudos