Two shortlist questions

Jump to solution
10-23-2017 03:31 PM
MarissaAltmann
New Contributor II

Hi! Two quick shortlist questions:

1. What is the easiest way to use an embedded video in place of a large photo? I assume something needs to be tweaked in the javascript to allow this functionality. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

2. What is the easiest way to add a search filter/query to filter the points by a categories defined in a .csv? I've seen a bunch of examples of the searchbox "widget" that can be embedded into the map code, like this one: Search widget with multiple sources | ArcGIS API for JavaScript 4.5  just not sure where this (or similar) code goes.

I'm doing everything via csv and hosting on my own server. I also have some basic familiarity with js and html so just need to be pointed in the right direction! Thank you so much!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarkCooney
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Marissa,

I'm not sure about the web app builder code, but that does look to be the filter code.

As for the videos, you will want to use the source code, and dive into the DetailPanel.js file, specifically in the buildSlides method: storymap-shortlist/DetailPanel.js at master · Esri/storymap-shortlist · GitHub , and the detail panel's template: storymap-shortlist/DetailSlide.html at master · Esri/storymap-shortlist · GitHub .

Mark

View solution in original post

5 Replies
MarissaAltmann
New Contributor II

Question revision: For question 2, I'm really looking for more of a filter (sort of like the tabs themselves) where you can select one, two, or three, etc. parameters linked to the data to filter the points in the map view. Haven't really found what I'm looking for yet...

0 Kudos
MarkCooney

Hi Marissa,

Embedding videos is not currently supported with Shortlist, and would require some developer effort to do so via customization.

For question 2, have a look at the sample here: Search multiple sources | ArcGIS API for JavaScript 3.22.

If you would like to do a customization, the code for the Shortlist app can be found on our GitHub page: GitHub - Esri/storymap-shortlist: The Shortlist story map application template by Esri.  And you can add your custom code to this specific file: storymap-shortlist/custom-scripts.js at master · Esri/storymap-shortlist · GitHub .

Mark

MarissaAltmann
New Contributor II

Hi Mark,

Developer effort is fine for me--I just need to add a video feature class and define how the videos should be displayed, right? I think I can figure that out.

I did find the search multiple sources link as well and I do have the code for the shortlist app. What I really need is the code for the filter widget from the web app builder to incorporate into my shortlist code (the filter widget is exactly what I need). Could you point me in the right direction? Is it this? Release Map Filter Widget Beta Release · Esri/solutions-webappbuilder-widgets · GitHub 

Thank you very much,

Marissa

0 Kudos
MarkCooney

Hi Marissa,

I'm not sure about the web app builder code, but that does look to be the filter code.

As for the videos, you will want to use the source code, and dive into the DetailPanel.js file, specifically in the buildSlides method: storymap-shortlist/DetailPanel.js at master · Esri/storymap-shortlist · GitHub , and the detail panel's template: storymap-shortlist/DetailSlide.html at master · Esri/storymap-shortlist · GitHub .

Mark

MarissaAltmann
New Contributor II

Hi Mark,

Amazing! Thank you so much. Fortunately we ended up not needing to use the filter. Your video suggestions are very helpful! Thank you! I may try to figure out a way to code it in as a pop-up actually, but this is a good place to start.

Marissa

0 Kudos