PRICES, GOOD BOOKS AND OTHER QUESTIONS

Jump to solution
10-20-2017 07:02 AM
mutazali
New Contributor

Hi good instructors.

Our deep gratitude to your effort.

1. PLEASE GIVE US THREE TITLES FOR GOOD BOOKS IN GIS

I AM SUDANESE CIVIL ENGINEER, NEED TO WORK WITH GIS AS INDIVIDUAL, BUT PRICING SEEMS COMPLICATED FROM ESRI, CAN'T IT BE EASIER? I NEED GIS ONLINE.

IS SUDAN COVERED BY YOUR ATLASES

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AdenaSchutzberg1
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Mutaz,

Everyone has different ideas on "good books" but here are some lists to explore:

I'd add:

I understand you are looking to access Esri software. You'll need to work with your distributor on availability and pricing. Learn more: Contact Us | Esri About 

When you ask about our "Atlases," I'm thinking you are referring to the Living Atlas. It covers the world, but has different data layers for different geographies. Learn more: Living Atlas of the World | ArcGIS 

Best regards,

Adena

View solution in original post

2 Replies
AdenaSchutzberg1
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Mutaz,

Everyone has different ideas on "good books" but here are some lists to explore:

I'd add:

I understand you are looking to access Esri software. You'll need to work with your distributor on availability and pricing. Learn more: Contact Us | Esri About 

When you ask about our "Atlases," I'm thinking you are referring to the Living Atlas. It covers the world, but has different data layers for different geographies. Learn more: Living Atlas of the World | ArcGIS 

Best regards,

Adena

RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Also, don't overlook other free resources available online, including 10-90 minute tech sessions and webinars that focus on a single topic, from beginner level to advanced. Two sources:

- Esri Videos | E360 Videos: GIS, Events, ArcGIS Products & Industries 

- Esri Events - YouTube 

And other free training can be found https://www.esri.com/training/catalog/search/  and clicking the Free button.  Also the only help is very good and has some free tutorials.

Although, as mentioned, you do need to talk with your local distributor, if for personal use (not for profit or business) and for learning purposes, there is a ArcGIS for Personal Use Program | ArcGIS for Desktop Advanced for Personal Use    But I am not sure if it is available in your area.  And if you want to dig in deeper and develop, there are other options at ArcGIS for Developers     but again, there are some restrictions on use (i.e. for development only, not production).

You can also get a free developer license with limited (development/testing) ArcGIS Online use.