Problem using time slider in ArcMap

10-18-2017 01:26 PM
SiobhanDempsey1
New Contributor

Hi, I have data over fourteen weeks at both the state and county level.  When I join it to my state feature class and time enable it, the slider works perfectly.  There's data for each week.  The feature class never disappears.  When I try to do the same thing with county data, however, it only shows the first week of data for some reason, and then when i go to the next week on the slider, suddenly the county feature class is completely gone!  When I open the attribute table, I can only see data from the first week.  What's going on?  Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

It shouldn't be a joining error.  I realize it's a one to many join and I get the cardinality warning, but I got the same with state and it had no problem working with that.  I thought maybe it had something to do with the number of rows, because i got a warning when i changed the symbology to show graduated colors, but I changed the sample size, so that should have taken care of that.  I honestly don't know what the issue could be.  Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
SiobhanDempsey1
New Contributor

I figured it out!  In case anyone else runs into this, where your shapefile/layer suddenly disappears for any of the time slider, check your time extent and your time step interval.  If, say, your data is in weeks and you set the interval for five days, then the first frame will be correct but after that, you will probably see a blank map.   

For me, it was an issue with my data.  The first week's date was off, and with a one-week interval, it kept landing on days with no data after that first week. So the whole county shapefile disappeared the moment I started 'sliding', leaving me nothing but state outlines. 

0 Kudos