Web AppBuilder Add user specific location

10-17-2017 06:11 AM
AzgharHussain
New Contributor II

Dear All,

I need your help and suggestion.

I am building WebGIS application by using WebApp Builder. This WebGIS application is available to every one. There is no restriction related to authentication.

In this application I am supposed to give option for the user to add his location (points on the map). The location added by one user should not be visible to location added by another user.

Application should delete the newly added location of that user when browser is closed.

Please suggest how do I implement this. Is there a widget available that just do similar thing that I am trying to achieve?

Thanks,

Azghar

2 Replies
KenDoman
Occasional Contributor II

Hello Azghar,

If you use the My Location Widget in Web AppBuilder, you should find that it accomplishes everything you've outlined. It retrieves the browser's location and zooms to that point on the map. The point exists in the users's browser only, and no other application users see that point. 

Please note that many browsers disable geolocation features for sites that are not served over HTTPS. If you are using a Web AppBuilder application through ArcGIS Online, you shouldn't have a problem. Simply provide a link using https instead of http. If you are hosting the Web AppBuilder application, however, you will need to get an SSL certificate for your site. Thankfully, those are inexpensive fairly easy to implement (depending on your hosting situation). 

0 Kudos
AzgharHussain
New Contributor II

Hello Ken Doman,

Thanks for your response.

I think I missed explaining my requirements clearly here. Let me explain it through use case scenarios. I am developing application for cement industry. User from cement industry will use the application for choosing appropriate location for their cement factory.

Application allows the user to pin point the potential location on the map where they intend to build cement factory. They can add multiple potential location at any single point of time for example say 10 locations. My application would pickup these locations and analyse and tell them if the potential location is appropriate to build cement factory.

I am trying to implement the application in the following way.

I would create a layer called Potential Site that would be linked through WFS to my WebAppBuilder Application and I would add Edit Widget to my application to allow them to add their potential location. The problem here is that multiple users can add their potential location at any given of time. The user should see only their potential locations. But If all users add locations using Edit Widget then they would be able to see other user potential locations also which I don't want to happen. I also want to add additional functionality that  If user closes the browser than his added potential locations features should be deleted from layers.

I hope I am clearly able to explain my requirements to you.

Thanks,

Azghar

0 Kudos