is there a way to print a story map cascade?

Jump to solution
10-12-2017 01:23 PM
BruceJones2
New Contributor

I would like to print my story map (cascade) and create pdfs.  Is this possible? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Fred -- The date the Cascade story was created doesn't matter -- any Cascade story can be printed. The only requirements are that the story must be shared (to the org or with everyone) and the "Share" button in the header bar must not have been disabled by the author in the story settings.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

7 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Bruce -- Unfortunately, printing is not currently available in Cascade. We are considering adding this feature in a future update, but we don't have a specific date when it will be available.

Owen Evans
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Bruce -- Not sure if you heard, but printing was added to Cascade back in April: Print a Cascade story map 

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
FredKellner2
New Contributor II

Hi Owen. Does when you created your Cascade Story Map matter as far as being able to print. E.g., Cascade Story Maps created before April 2018 when this update was pushed out. 

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Fred -- The date the Cascade story was created doesn't matter -- any Cascade story can be printed. The only requirements are that the story must be shared (to the org or with everyone) and the "Share" button in the header bar must not have been disabled by the author in the story settings.

Owen Evans
JillHalchin
Occasional Contributor II

Owen,

I'm working on my first Cascade and have reached a point where I'm thinking that I need to do some reorganizing and see what's missing, look for typos, etc. A paper copy would be very helpful because I could make notes on paper before tinkering with the app. The app too rough to share with anyone outside a group. The ability to print drafts would be very, very helpful.

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Jill -- we'll keep printing drafts in mind for future releases. For now, you can simply share the story to your org momentarily, print the story, and then unshare it. It's pretty safe to say that no one will even notice... 🙂

Owen

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
JillHalchin
Occasional Contributor II

Thanks for considering it. Yes, I "fly under the radar" sometimes for other things and thought about it in this case.

0 Kudos