Is it possible to indent 5 spaces of text in a story map journal

Jump to solution
10-12-2017 10:27 AM
RaeRife
New Contributor II

Hello - the indent button is greyed out in the map journal app. I am trying to figure out how to add a hanging indent for new paragraphs and for lines with quotation marks. I have made a story map of the first chapter of my book about a woman who works in Geographic Intelligence. I'd like this to be ready by Saturday when I pitch to Penguin Books and St Martins Press. Editors and Agents are PICKY about Times New Roman font 12 only and indentations. I don't speak html but I do have nice coworkers who do. Thanks so much. Rae 

I don't really want to make this public yet, but have adjusted the settings for assistance. http://arcg.is/2ygd1y9 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BenFlanagan1
Esri Contributor

Hi Rae

I've had a similar requirement when using the Map Journal template. 

If you wrap the content you want to indent with the HTML tag <BLOCKQUOTE>, this should do the trick. 

Sample below:

Indentation tag
HTML CodeSample
Here is some text. <BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE>Here is one line of indented text.<BR>
Here is another line of indented text.
</BLOCKQUOTE>
Here is some text.

Here is one line of indented text.

Hope that helps!

Ben

View solution in original post

2 Replies
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

Hi Rae 

Sounds like interesting project. There's no way to do hanging indents (paragraphs where the first line starts with an indent) using the formatting tools. The indent buttons in the Map Journal section editor only work on lists. It may be possible to do some HTML tagging in the HTML view though to get that effect. Perhaps someone here on Geonet knows how to get that via tagging in Map Journal.

Rupert

0 Kudos
BenFlanagan1
Esri Contributor

Hi Rae

I've had a similar requirement when using the Map Journal template. 

If you wrap the content you want to indent with the HTML tag <BLOCKQUOTE>, this should do the trick. 

Sample below:

Indentation tag
HTML CodeSample
Here is some text. <BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE>Here is one line of indented text.<BR>
</BLOCKQUOTE>
Here is some text.

Here is one line of indented text.

Hope that helps!

Ben