Allow publishers to view the details of a publishing error?

Jump to solution
10-10-2017 12:49 PM
ElliottPlack1
New Contributor III

Summary

Can you please allow users to expand the details of the status messages when publishing a new survey?

Product Tested

Survey123 Connect for ArcGIS 2.4.60

Details

I recently encountered an Error 400 while publishing a survey and was wondering what caused it. I tried searching GeoNet but did not find anything helpful. I tried it a few times and continued to get the same result. Why?

I found out. I inadvertently adjusted the column width (see the video below) of the publishing message screen and suddenly saw that the error message is passed back to Survey123 Connect. Connect seems to lack the ability to display this message clearly.

I am hoping that the Survey123 team could incorporate a button to expand the error texts. Although I could only see half of the message, I was able to figure out what was causing the problem, but it would be great if the error display were made more explicit.

Video

Here's a screen recording that shows how expanding the column width allows us to view the error text. 

Attachment

The form that caused the error, intentionally, is attached. I'll report that error separately, as it could be mitigated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Elliott,

Thanks for highlighting the above issue. I have created a bug in our system and added your comments to it. We will aim to resolve this in a future release and show a more detailed error message in full.

Regards,

Phil.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Elliott,

Thanks for highlighting the above issue. I have created a bug in our system and added your comments to it. We will aim to resolve this in a future release and show a more detailed error message in full.

Regards,

Phil.