Embedding Scenarios

10-10-2017 08:30 AM
VitalyLivshits
New Contributor III

Hi Scott,

Are there any plans or timelines you could share around using ArcGIS Maps for Power BI in embedded scenarios? We are especially interested in embedding Power BI reports in SharePoint Online.

Embedding a Power BI report that has ArcGIS Maps currently results in the "For embedded visuals, ArcGIS Maps for Power BI is currently not supported" message. I understand from Googling around that the embedding feature is on the roadmap, so was hoping to get more clarity. Thanks.

8 Replies
VitalyLivshits
New Contributor III

Scott, any chance you could provide some feedback on this one? Thanks.

0 Kudos
ScottBall
Esri Regular Contributor

Hey Vitaly - embedded functionality is something that will be enabled for Power BI report authors that have an ArcGIS named user account. ArcGIS named user support is planned for 2018, so look for embedded functionality in the same general time frame.  

0 Kudos
TomášHronek
New Contributor

Hello, I also have this same question. It is 2019 now. Is there a planned release that will support ArcGIS Online content (feature layers, whole web maps, map layers, stream layers, others) in embeded Power BI reports published to the web for public viewing (no login required to view the map visuals including reference layers)?

StevenDoherty
New Contributor III

Any update on this request would be appreciated, please.

0 Kudos
ShyniGeorge
New Contributor

What is the new date for this feature to be available? An update on this will help our company to design our BI solutions accordingly.

0 Kudos
caralynlappen
New Contributor

Its now 2020.. without this feature, the map is virtually worthless. Are they going to finally do this or not?

JonEmch
Esri Regular Contributor

Late to the party, but I have formalized this request via ENH-000130489: Add Publish to Web support to ArcGIS Maps for PowerBI visualizer in PowerBI Online. I would highly recommend that an idea be created in the ideas page and linked back here so that the request can be made stronger.

Keep on keeping on!
0 Kudos
JonEmch
Esri Regular Contributor

Update, found https://community.esri.com/ideas/15937  and linked it to the enhancement. To all who run across this post and wish to see this functionality added please upvote the idea.

Keep on keeping on!
0 Kudos