Zonal Histogram

01-19-2011 05:05 AM
ShawnLeroux
New Contributor
Hi all,

I would like to generate a histogram of raster values per polygon for a layer with 1872 polygons with unique ids. It seems like zonal histogram should work but it is not. My raster data are floating but I have made them integer. I have positive and negative values for my raster cells. My polygon layer id tag defines the unique zones over which I would like to summarize.
The tool seems to work fine and I get the green check mark suggesting that it has worked but it does not generate any output table.
Has anybody used Zonal Histogram and run into similar problems? Or can anybody suggest another way to get a frequency distribution of raster values per polygon?

Thanks!
0 Kudos
3 Replies
NagendraSingh
New Contributor
I am having the same problem. Can anyone get the Zonal Histogram to work?
NS

Hi all,

I would like to generate a histogram of raster values per polygon for a layer with 1872 polygons with unique ids. It seems like zonal histogram should work but it is not. My raster data are floating but I have made them integer. I have positive and negative values for my raster cells. My polygon layer id tag defines the unique zones over which I would like to summarize.
The tool seems to work fine and I get the green check mark suggesting that it has worked but it does not generate any output table.
Has anybody used Zonal Histogram and run into similar problems? Or can anybody suggest another way to get a frequency distribution of raster values per polygon?

Thanks!
0 Kudos
GerardoArmendariz
New Contributor III
Same here.  Any alternatives to this tool?
0 Kudos
EmmaYoung
New Contributor
hey guys, I'm pretty new to Arc but I was having the same problem yesterday. My issue was resolved by changing my raster data into a Grid format by going to conversion tools-->to raster-->raster to another format (grid). Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Emma
0 Kudos