AnsweredAssumed Answered

Can you enable search suggestion in a joined table?

Question asked by jlhansen on Oct 9, 2017

I have a web app (http://rockcountylio.maps.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=898d82417e254d668f8c6fe7b51bfaf0 ) in which I would like to enable search suggestions. From reading the instructions on how to do it there should be a check box in the search properties (which I am able to see in another app that I have published.) There is no check box to enable this for this app. The only difference that I can see between the two apps is that the one that works is a hosted feature layer, and the one that doesn't work is coming from our enterprise. The map service contains a table join. 

1.  Yes, I know that creating a SQL View would be a much more efficient way to serve the data. It is something that we are working on. (The current issue is that we migrated the feature class from Oracle year back and the shape field came across as an integer rather than geometry.)
  2. Could the joined table be the problem? If it is, is there a workaround?
  3. Is this something that can be resolved by using web appbuilder (which we are also having issues with so at this point it's not an option but may be after the issue is resolved.)
  4. Does anybody else have any other ideas as to what it could be?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Outcomes