Error Code 1500: Incorrect Geometry Type

10-09-2017 10:18 AM
SaraGredler
New Contributor

I have an existing feature service that is a polygon layer. I used this feature service to create a survey in Survey123. Everything works correctly UNTIL I go to send the survey data from the outbox, and I get a Send Error. Code 1500 Incorrect Geometry type.

What does this mean and how can I fix it? I am assuming it is due to the fact that my parcel data came into the XLSForm with a field "geoshape" instead of "geopoint." I tried changing to geopoint (did not work), tried making the whole field hidden (that didn't work), and tried making the input hidden (appearance ->hide-input) (that didn't work either).

Sara G.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Sara

The issue is that Survey123 currently does not support polygon feature services - so you can't submit. You would need to create a new feature service based on a point version of your polygons (maybe use the centroid). We do have an enhancement request open for support for polygon features and will add you to it.

Thanks

John

0 Kudos
NaomiBegg2
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Johnathan Hasthorpe are polygon feature services supported yet?

If not is there a way that I can automatically have survey points update the polygon that they sit within?

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Naomi

You can now edit the attributes of polygons in existing feature services, but you can't edit/capture geometries. Additionally, you can't publish a new survey with a GeoShape (polygon) question included.

If you wanted to do anything along the lines of updating polygon attributes based on the points they intersect, then you should look at the new JavaScript functionality (currently in Beta). Please see the following blog for more information on this: Welcome to our Feedback Community.

We have full support for lines and polygons planned for a future release - please share your workflow and I'll add it to our repo.

Thanks

John

0 Kudos
NaomiBegg2

Great, that's all I'm after at the moment - the ability to edit attributes.  However I am having issues creating the survey and I've had no one reply to my question https://community.esri.com/thread/219482-existing-feature-class-polygons-help are you able to look into this for me?

0 Kudos
NaomiBegg2

Hi Sara Gredler‌ I had this same error. When I updated Survey123 on my device the error disappeared.  I went from version 2.4.72 to version 3.0.134

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Line and polygon support is now available in beta. Please go to the EAC site to start testing!: Welcome to our Feedback Community

0 Kudos