JS 4.5 browser compatibility?

10-04-2017 11:45 AM
deleted-user-OlpHy1NoMNug
Occasional Contributor II

JS 4.5 doesn't appear to be compatible with IE or Firefox.  Anyone else see the same?

8 Replies
ThomasSolow
Occasional Contributor III

Which version of IE and Firefox?  I've used 4.4 and now 4.5 with firefox semi-regularly and it seems to work fine.

If there's a particular thing that won't work could you post a sample?

0 Kudos

Fall For Greenville 

Perhaps it's not JS 4.5 but the vector tile layers?

0 Kudos

It however works okay in JS 4.4 except the search widget gets all weird.  I think the search widget had some breaking changes between 4.4 and 4.5

I've placed a redirect on the site now so if you need access to it let me know.

0 Kudos
ThomasSolow

Your app seems to work for me in Firefox.  I'm using version 56.

In IE 11.0.96 I'm seeing the problem, including the typedarray errors in the console that you posted.  I don't think I've used IE with vector tiles before.  Was it working in 4.4?

0 Kudos

You're right, it does seem fine on Firefox.  See above for 4.4.  The tiles will draw in 4.4 but the search doesn't work.

0 Kudos

What about iOS?  I'm having reports of the map not working if not using the newest release (I'm actually not sure if this means 11, 11.0.1, or 11.0.2)

0 Kudos
ThomasSolow

I'm not sure about iOS/safari, though it's my understanding that the API should be working on all major browsers, and if this isn't the case, that represents a problem. I would expect support for IE to be lagging a little behind (especially for 3D) but my understanding is that the goal is to support IE 11.

I hope to get a chance to try to do some debugging on IE.  I did notice that there's been some conversation about vector tiles not working well on IE on the JS API repo, so hopefully this issue will be dealt with eventually.  My feeling is that you're probably best off sticking with whatever version works for the browsers your users typically use.

0 Kudos

I'm pretty sure it's vector tiles for both IE and iOS 10, which is obviously a bit disappointing.  I'll try to move this thread into that forum.

0 Kudos