Copy and Amend Survey

10-04-2017 01:17 AM
JohnMcConalogue
New Contributor III

I have copied a survey I have done from my outbox and would like to amend it but a lot of the fields are grayed out.

Is it possible to amend a copied survey for re-use?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi John,

Where was this survey created? Survey123 Connect, or the Survey123 Web Designer (www.survey123.arcgis.com)?

If you are looking to change a survey that is sitting in the outbox of the Survey123 field app, you should be able to click on it and edit the values before sending.  Is this where you are seeing values that are greyed out?

If you are the owner of the survey and have created the survey using Survey123 Connect, you also have the ability to enable the 'Inbox' functionality which would allow you to edit already submitted surveys using the field app.

I would take some time to review the following Blog, released in April, which highlights the ability to edit survey responses...

What's new in Survey123 for ArcGIS v. 2.0

0 Kudos
JohnMcConalogue
New Contributor III

Thanks for the reply Brandon.

I can copy the survey from the Outbox but some fields like drop downs I cannot change.

I can edit text fields but for some reason I cannot edit the drop downs.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi John,

Can you please explain the workflow that you are using in order to copy the survey from Outbox?  Are you referring to reopening the survey from the Outbox?  Please look for a personal message which I sent you requesting your contact information so that we can discuss this in further detail.

Thank you,

Brandon

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

What version of Survey123 app are you using? Previous to 2.4 there was issues with editing select_one and select_multiple fields via Inbox, Sent or Outbox. This should have been resolved in 2.4 along with new functionally of editing of repeats.

Phil.

0 Kudos
JohnMcConalogue
New Contributor III

I am using 4.3 but it is the drop-downs in the repeats that are grayed out and are not editable.

0 Kudos