Table names should follow the pattern <catalog.>schema.table

09-29-2017 02:46 PM
DishaGori1
New Contributor II

I've published a survey using the latest Survey 123 Connect (2.4) to Portal for ArcGIS 10.4.1 .  It has an image attachment option. If I include the image , it fails to submit with this error:

Code 500 Tables names should follow the patter <catalog.>schema.table 

(see attached picture) 

If I remove the picture attachment, the survey submits just fine. This goes to show that the survey is working fine. It just fails on picture attachment. 

If I publish a simple survey with just a text field and a photo attachment field , it works. The issue is just with the survey in question. 

Has anyone experienced the same error and know what the resolution is?

This works when the survey is published it to Portal for ArcGIS 10.5.1 but upgrading is not an option for now. 

Tags (3)
13 Replies
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Disha - can you confirm the exact version of Survey123 you are on? We have released a patch and are currently on  Survey123 2.4.72, Survey123Connect 2.4.60. If you are still having issues with this version please share your survey xls with me.

Thanks

John

0 Kudos
DanielCorkran
New Contributor

Hi Johnathan.  I am also having the same problem with photo attachments.  I am using Survey123Connect 2.4.60 and Survey 123 2.4.72.  Could you please let me know if there is a workaround to this issue?  If I cannot use Survey123 to collect photos, I will have to switch to a different platform.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Disha,

Is this survey going to a feature layer on the Data Store or to a service on a federated server?  If the latter, which DB is being used?

0 Kudos
GaryBowles1
Occasional Contributor III

James,

I just created a survey using 2.4.60 Connect, 2.4.72 mobile app on an iPad Mini2 and am getting the same error. Survey is published to a federated hosting server using SQLServer.

Thanks,

--gary

0 Kudos
DishaGori1
New Contributor II

Hi James, 

It was creating a hosted feature service using the ArcGIS Data Store. See my response at the bottom of this thread. 

0 Kudos
DishaGori1
New Contributor II

Hi Everyone, 

It turned out to be an issue with the length of the field names in my case  and a bug was logged for that:

BUG-000108569: Survey123 for ArcGIS documentation does not say that the maximum field length limit is 19 characters.

So make sure your field names are less than 19 characters. 

Renaming the field names solved the issue for me. 

0 Kudos
GaryBowles1

I redid my field names with none of them longer than 16 characters and am still receiving the same error.

Portal is 10.4.1

--gary

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Gary,

Could you share the XLS file so that we could try to replicate?

0 Kudos
GaryBowles1

James,

See attached. I have included the csv file used for the pulldata and a barcode.

Thanks,

--gary

Gary H. Bowles, GISP

GIS Database Administrator | Seneca Resources

Office : 412-548-2544 | Cell Phone: 412-334-5273

0 Kudos