Corrupt AXF file -- recovery options?

09-28-2017 12:08 PM
KhemSo
by
New Contributor

Hello ArcPad community,

I checked out data from the ArcPad Data Manager toolbar and collected data using ArcPad 10.2 along with the Trimble GPSCorrect extension on a Trimble GeoExplorer 6000 GeoXT. The SSF file logged positions, and while I was collecting data, the positions and attributes displayed correctly onscreen in ArcPad. However, when I got out and then back in to the APM, the AXF somehow became corrupted and would not load. When downloaded to my laptop, I am unable to even open the AXF file within ArcPad Studio. If the file cannot be opened in ArcPad or ArcPad Studio, is there no path to recovery?

I have the positions still due to the SSF file (which was differentially corrected later later); however, the positions do me little use without the attributes.

Thanks for any assistance you may be able to provide.

Best,

Khem

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MarikaVertzonis
Esri Regular Contributor

If you can not open the AXF in ArcPad or ArcPad Studio, you can use FME or the Data Interoperability Extension for ArcGIS to export the contents to another file type (eg: geodatabase or shapefile).

For more information see the ArcPad Help .

StephenQuan1
Esri Contributor

Another thing you can try is, in ArcPad Studio, use Tools > Compact AXF Database

KhemSo
by
New Contributor

Thanks Marika & Stephen for responding. I appreciate it. Unfortunately, it looks like the AXF won't open in anything. In the end, we headed back out into the field and just collected the data again.

0 Kudos