GD_Lionel

Migrate from 10.4.1 to 10.5.1 - AccessViolationException

Discussion created by GD_Lionel on Sep 28, 2017
Latest reply on Sep 26, 2018 by tamilprince20

Hi Community,

I am currently investigating possibilities of migration of our data "manually" over an application from one database (Postgres 9.4.12) to new Database (Postgres 9.5) just by copying the data (Tables and feature classes) row by row. (This has specific reasons to do so)

Trying to copy I am all the time getting

System.AccessViolationException: 'Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.'

This happens not reliably all the time at the same features. Currenlty I get it often, when:

- Assign Annotation

- on inserting RowBuffer

- StopEditOperation, if instead of row buffer, I use CreateRow and Store

having this unspecifcly, makes it hard to bring it to support. So I would like to hear, if someone else has issues working this 10.5.1 in .NET.

Kind regards

Edit:

Affected table is an annotation feature class, with some thouthand elements.

- When on copying, I use one feature buffer, it crashes at some feature after ~ 50-95% progress, on inserting the buffer.

- If I create a new feature buffer for each feature, it also crashes at some feature after ~ 50-95% , but on assigning the Annotation to the IAnnotationFeature2.Annotation property.

- When I use the ITable.CreateRow() to generate each row, it crashes on StopEditOperation of the workspace at the end.

Outcomes