AnsweredAssumed Answered

Service request too long for objects with many records from a related table.

Question asked by jlindahl on Sep 27, 2017
Latest reply on Sep 29, 2017 by jlindahl

I have a map service with a couple of layers and a couple of tables in it.  The tables are related to the layers.  I created the relationship class in the SDE database.  I have indexes on all the necessary attributes.  I am able to view the spatial data pretty quickly in a web map.  However, when I try to select an object (specifically one that has many related records) it takes a really, really, really long time to select the object.  If I try clicking on the map, or anywhere on the web page, I receive an alert that there is a script that is taking too long to run and can cancel it.  If I do nothing, eventually the selected object will highlight.

I guess my question is, would it be better for me to create the relationship within the mxd then publish the map service?  Or is it best to have the relationship class in the SDE database?  I'm also using Web Appbuilder to view my map information.

Also, is there anything out there that I can use to "see" the traffic or see where things are getting hung up?

Outcomes