AnsweredAssumed Answered

ArcGIS Server 10.4.1 does not expose shape.len through feature service... need it to.

Question asked by simpsonr on Sep 22, 2017

I've got a line feature service layer that is being edited in Collector and the end users have asked for "shape.len" to be exposed so they can review that line length in the field.  

Example:  I have a Damage Assessment Collector system for our roads and bridges crews.  When there's a flood or incident that has caused road damage, they go out and manually draw in a line on that road, in Collector to indicate the level and extent (length of road) of that damage.  They've asked to be able to see that "shape.len" field so they can verify that the length of that digitized features "makes sense" based on what they are seeing with their eyes.  Seems like a legitimate request.  "I'm digitizing a line and what to get feedback on the actual length of  that feature."

Problem is, I can't seem to get any line based feature service layers in AGS 10.4.1 to expose the shape.len field to the service.  The Mapserver layer, no problem, but the featureserver counterpart seems to be a no go.  

What am I missing here?

Thanks,

-Royce

Outcomes