10.5 Wont allow me to choose transformation

Jump to solution
09-19-2017 07:33 AM
IanIrmischer
New Contributor III

I just upgraded from 10.2 to 10.5. I am having trouble with Geographic Coordinate System Transformation for the dataframe. 

Right click the Data Frame and choose Properties. I ensure that the Coordinate systems Tab is selected.

I Click the Transformation Button on the bottom of the window to open the Geographic Coordinate System Transformation window.

I see my convert from and into populated correctly. 

But the Using shows no available transformation.  

Did something happen during the upgrade? Is there any way to fix it so that it will project on the fly?

Ian

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MelitaKennedy
Esri Notable Contributor

My suspicion is that your data is not within the published area of use of the Nahrwan 1967 geographic coordinate system. Here's the extent information that we're using: 

1351 "Asia - Middle East - Qatar offshore and UAE" \
min latitude: 22.63

max latitude: 27.05

min longitude: 50.55

max longitude: 57.13

Nahrwan 1934 has different extents. 

3390 "Asia - Middle East -SE Iraq and SW Iran" \
min latitude: 29.06

max latitude: 33.5

min longitude: 44.3

max longitude: 51.06

I just took a quick look at the transformations we have. Nahrwan 1967 to WGS 1984 (2) is listed for Saudi Arabia - onshore Arabian Gulf area. That area of use has only a slight overlap with the 1351 above. 

Try adding some "world" data to the map. 

Can you please let me know (via email if you want, mkennedy at esri) where the data is located? I'm trying to share the information with the EPSG geodetic parameter registry subcommitee to get the areas of use updated. (I'm on the subcommittee)

Melita

View solution in original post

1 Reply
MelitaKennedy
Esri Notable Contributor

My suspicion is that your data is not within the published area of use of the Nahrwan 1967 geographic coordinate system. Here's the extent information that we're using: 

1351 "Asia - Middle East - Qatar offshore and UAE" \
min latitude: 22.63

max latitude: 27.05

min longitude: 50.55

max longitude: 57.13

Nahrwan 1934 has different extents. 

3390 "Asia - Middle East -SE Iraq and SW Iran" \
min latitude: 29.06

max latitude: 33.5

min longitude: 44.3

max longitude: 51.06

I just took a quick look at the transformations we have. Nahrwan 1967 to WGS 1984 (2) is listed for Saudi Arabia - onshore Arabian Gulf area. That area of use has only a slight overlap with the 1351 above. 

Try adding some "world" data to the map. 

Can you please let me know (via email if you want, mkennedy at esri) where the data is located? I'm trying to share the information with the EPSG geodetic parameter registry subcommitee to get the areas of use updated. (I'm on the subcommittee)

Melita