Hillshade export-strange strips coming on out put file

09-19-2017 03:43 AM
MohammadHassan
New Contributor

This type of error i am getting while exporting my layout view to JPEG format, Actually i have merged two Dems and trying to cover this area. I want to know where I am getting wrong in exporting and help is highly obliged. It is gtopo30 data.

Clik to Download

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

did you make the hillshade after you merged the DEM's?

0 Kudos
MohammadHassan
New Contributor

Hi Dan,

Yes I merged it first.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

strange, I wouldn't expect to see such linearity in Hillshades.  Is there anything about the DEMs that account for it?  Are they at boundaries of DEM tiles?

0 Kudos
MohammadHassan
New Contributor

No they are not at the boundary, if is on the boundary so it should have one line but these are strips that are coming.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

If the hillshade looks fine onscreen, try saving to another format (ie not jpeg) or a different printer if you have one... and to be extra sure... just reboot and reopen the project prior to printing to get rid of any gremlins

0 Kudos
MohammadHassan
New Contributor

Hi Dan,

Sorry for the too much delay in replying but i am still facing this issue. see in the northern area of the image there is an strange strip/line in making the hill shade, even when i look in the print preview option it shows like this.

Please help to solve this issue.

Regards

hassanProblem in export  

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Your data are unprojected it appears.  Project the dem first.

Also if you are using model shadows, compare it checked and unchecked in case it is a local horizon effect based on latitude

Two types of shaded relief rasters can be output. If the Model shadows option is disabled (unchecked), the output raster only considers local illumination angle. If it is enabled (checked), the output raster considers the effects of both local illumination angle and shadow.
0 Kudos
MohammadHassan
New Contributor

Hi Dan,

The problem is still there, Actually i am giving hill shade effect in symbology tad see grab attached. by defining Z facter 0.05. The strange patch is shifting see another grab, it now passes in central India. About my data which is projected as well.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

That may be the problem, I thought you actually calculated a hillshade layer

0 Kudos