Can I set the zoom levels in ArcGIS Online

Jump to solution
09-18-2017 12:23 PM
JenniferBorlick
Occasional Contributor III

Is it possible to set the zoom levels for maps and/or apps in ArcGIS Online? For example: 1:120, 1:240, 1:480, etc. We have users that we will need to be able to print off a map (::gasp::) and use a scale. Ideally I would like to be able to do it out of the box in AGOL, but I do have access to Web AppBuilder for Developers. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JenniferBorlick

I discovered the advanced options in the print widget which allows me to print at scale. Print widget—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

Thank you for your time.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Are you looking to print at these specific scales?

If so, you will need to create use your own basemaps that are available at  these scale levels. Choose basemap—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

The zoom levels are set by the basemap: Choose basemap—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

If you are looking to print at a small scale and don't have the basemaps created to support this, I'd suggest looking at using the print functionality in ArcMap or ArcGIS Pro

Using page layouts—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop 

Map reference scales—Properties of maps | ArcGIS Desktop 

-Kelly

JenniferBorlick

I would like to print at these specific scales. I have created and am using my basemap that is in my county projection, with scale levels. I can't see on the page that you linked where it "assigns" the zoom levels. When I zoom in and out, and consequently when I print, these scales are not "set". In the FlexViewer app from which we are migrating, when we print, we can click a check box and assign a scale to print. Is there that availability in AGOL?

0 Kudos
JenniferBorlick

I discovered the advanced options in the print widget which allows me to print at scale. Print widget—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

Thank you for your time.