Lower map sensitivity for touch devices

09-17-2017 09:05 AM
MichaelLodes2
Occasional Contributor

Hi all,

I have a problem with touching my points in the map. The problem occurs in all sample codes from esri I tested (for example Reference Arcade expressions in PopupTemplate | ArcGIS API for JavaScript 4.4 ). I want to open a popUp of a point object but when touching it with my finger/with a pen, the map shifts a bit. It shifts just a little bit despite concentrating on doing a "steady" touch movement. Doing 4-5 concentrated touches, the popUp opens sometimes. Working outdoor makes it additionally difficult.

This problem just occurs on the Samsung Tab Active!!! On all other tested smartphones/pc with mouse there is no problem. I already searched in android settings of the device to lower touch sensitivity but found nothing.

Is there any possibility to lower the touch sensitivity of the map itself?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
SarahNoakes1
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Michael,

Did you ever get anywhere with this?  I'm having exactly the same issue.

Regards,

Sarah Noakes

Cornwall Council

0 Kudos
MichaelLodes2
Occasional Contributor

Which API version do you use? With 4.7 the sensivity is a bit better. But still not perfect I think. Many inspectors of my company still complain about that...

0 Kudos
SarahNoakes1
Occasional Contributor II

We're still using v3.  I've just been looking at v4 and it is considerably better.  We've been holding off migrating until all the drawing tools are available, but maybe it's time to start shifting.

0 Kudos