My team is looking for a new member. Here's the job posting
Feel free to contact me for more details or questions, but all resumes must go through the usual submission process (via the Careers website).
Do you think map projections are cool? Know what a datum is? As a projection engine product engineer, you will help build and support functionality that affects every ArcGIS user. Our team is responsible for handling projected and geographic coordinate system transformations and all issues that pertain to coordinate systems and measurement interactions within our software applications. Come and join us at the base of the software stack working on the Esri projection engine.
- Design and develop test plans and test cases, write test code, and execute and analyze tests to support and enhance overall product quality
- Research and analyze customer requests, industry standards, and specifications to help define requirements
- Showcase new capabilities to customers and colleagues via user documentation, blog posts, and resource center content
- Help define and refine future capabilities of the software
- Working knowledge of a programming language such as C, Java, Python, or similar
- Be detailed-oriented and a self-starter
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s or master’s in GIS, computer science, math, geodesy, geography, or a related field
- Minimum of six months working with ArcGIS products
- Working knowledge of GNSS and geodesy
- Mathematically inclined