How to stop extension from loading when opening ArcMap

Jump to solution
09-14-2017 07:51 AM
DanielSchatt
New Contributor III

Hi all,  I’m using ArcGIS Desktop 10.4 with Windows 7.  Can someone tell me how to stop an extension from trying to load every time I open ArcMap?  I was using Full Motion Video at one time and now every time I open ArcMap, it prompts me with an info window titled “Licensing” and says “Licensing for Full Motion Video is currently unavailable. Check ArcGIS Administrator for more information.” 

So I uncheck Full Motion Video in the Customize --> Extensions.. and then close the project.  My understanding is that this change should be saved in the Normal.mxt so that it will not try to load Full Motion Video the next time I load the project.  But it does - I keep getting that prompt when I open ArcMap and that Full Motion Video extension check box remains checked.

So what am I missing here?  Thanks!

Dan

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Could you check if there is any add-in related to FMV that you might need to remove (Customize > Add-in Manager)?

Think Location

View solution in original post

4 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

What happens if you uncheck the extensions from ArcMap as well as ArcCatalog (Customize > Extensions)?

Think Location
0 Kudos
DanielSchatt
New Contributor III

thanks Jayanta, no luck, the Full Motion Video extension isn't even listed in ArcCatalog.

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Could you check if there is any add-in related to FMV that you might need to remove (Customize > Add-in Manager)?

Think Location
DanielSchatt
New Contributor III

thanks, that did it!!