10-key Number Pad Intermittently Works in ArcOnline Edit Session

09-14-2017 05:47 AM
deleted-user-wgzH2d-p_0_f
New Contributor III

Hey all,

I really hope this is an easy fix...and it seems like a really dumb problem.

I'm in a general edit session in ArcGIS Online, and I must enter 4 strings of numbers, each in a different attribute field.  I have a 10-key number pad on my keyboard, and love to use it.  I can enter these numbers in easily sometimes, but other times, the pad magically switches to the arrow setting, which just moves my map when I'm entering numbers. Then I must use the numbers above the letters which drives me crazy.  My keyboard doesn't have a number lock button.

Ideas?

annina

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

I don't have an answer, but it seems that the form/attribute-table is maybe losing focus for a split second and therefore making the map active.  Even though it may look like the table is active. 

Is there anything refreshing on the map itself, even if it isn't visible?

Is it happening between the same fields each time (which may be easier to diagnose) or is it totally random?

It may help to look at the browser traffic using the developer tools to see if you can see the focus change.  Usually f12 will toggle the window open. 

Again, I don't have any answers, but those answers might help others diagnose.

0 Kudos
deleted-user-wgzH2d-p_0_f
New Contributor III

Thanks for the reply, Rebecca.  I don't think anything is refreshing on the map, and it doesn't matter which fields.  I tried looking at the browser traffic, but I'm an extreme novice in that area.  Nothing really seemed to pop out at me as having an error.  However, I notice that when it's working fine, the list under "Network" has about 3 entries, whereas when it's not working, the list has many more entries that contain the word "query?".  

If anyone can help decipher/fix what's going on, I'd be grateful!

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

With the 3 entries vs many entries, it does sound to me that there is activity or interruptions of some sort.  I am not the best at deciphering the developer log either, but it might be best to put in a tech support ticket so they can have a look.  It's hard to saw whether the interruption is you map app issue, or maybe just something else happening in the browser or machine in general (i.e. an antivirus running in the background or something similar).  Too many variables.

BradleyManning1
New Contributor III

Hello,

was there ever a solution to this? Also seeing the arrows randomly take over on the keyboards number pad and causing the map to jump all over.

0 Kudos