Hi, I realize this question has been asked a few times, however, I have tried to remove spaces, change name etc, but I am still having issues.

Jump to solution
09-13-2017 09:36 AM
JessicaRutherford2
New Contributor III

This is issue. I am trying bring in a excel table with a standard set of attribute (fields) which I will then merge layers to this new excel table. The issue is that I have an example of how the data should be entered, and when I bring in this excel table I keep getting this error message. 

One or more layers failed to draw:

ValdesSlidesMetrics$ Events: Syntax error (missing operator) in query expression 'Longitude centrepoint >= -129.300244 AND Latitude centrepoint >= 49.622159 AND Longitude centrepoint <= -123.957440 AND Latitude centrepoint <= 53.344866'.
ValdesSlidesMetrics$ Events: An invalid SQL statement was used. [`ValdesSlidesMetrics$`]

So when I go to export the data it will not work. I was wondering I have missed something...as this is a very simply step and I can not see what I've done wrong. Any suggestions would be most helpful.

Thanks 

Jessica

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Duplicate of Hi, I realize this question has been asked a few times, however, I have tried to remove spaces, chan... 

JMRutherford   there is no need to duplicate posts and many times can confuse the issue since you will have users answering in multiple threads.  instead, you can easily tag other spaces/groups with the @ and the space/group name.  One you hit the @ and type a letter, you should get a list of possibly groups.

This post may help in the future https://community.esri.com/community/help-and-feedback/blog/2016/08/15/community-news-and-tips-how-t...

Also, make sure to close out thread after marking helpful posts and the correct answer, or "assumed answered" if none, but ready to close,  This helps others find the post.  thanks.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

What software are you using? If using ArcMap, did you try How To: Import XY data tables to ArcMap and convert the data to a shapefile ?

Ensure there are no invalid variables in Lon./Lat. fields. Could you also attach a sample excel sheet which is troubling you?

Think Location
0 Kudos
JessicaRutherford2
New Contributor III

Hello Jayanta

Thanks for your reply. I cleaned up the excel table as per suggested in the previous replies. It seems to be working at the moment. My only other query was if there was a way to keep drop down menus from an excel table in ArcGIS attribute table. I will close this discussion now. 

Thanks for your help.

Cheers

Jessica 

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I am afraid that won't be possible. You could use Definition Query to filter values in a Layer (used to display subset of features in a layer), but would be a Layer-level filtering, not field-level.

Think Location
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Duplicate of Hi, I realize this question has been asked a few times, however, I have tried to remove spaces, chan... 

JMRutherford   there is no need to duplicate posts and many times can confuse the issue since you will have users answering in multiple threads.  instead, you can easily tag other spaces/groups with the @ and the space/group name.  One you hit the @ and type a letter, you should get a list of possibly groups.

This post may help in the future https://community.esri.com/community/help-and-feedback/blog/2016/08/15/community-news-and-tips-how-t...

Also, make sure to close out thread after marking helpful posts and the correct answer, or "assumed answered" if none, but ready to close,  This helps others find the post.  thanks.