Survey123 relationship name in feature layer

09-13-2017 12:05 PM
JimmyKnowles
Occasional Contributor II

We're working a developing a survey in Survey123 with repeats. Everything works fine except it appears that the relationship names are incorrect. See screenshot below. Relationship_obs (1) should be related to table = obs, not table = trap and same for Relationship_trap (2). The third relationship got named correctly. It's not a huge deal because the relationships work, but it's a little confusing. Has anybody else encountered this? Is this a bug or do you think we're doing something wrong with how we're setting things up in Survey123 Connect?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi James,

I haven't seen this behavior before.  Would you be willing to share your XLS file so that I can verify and look into the behavior?

0 Kudos
JimmyKnowles

Hi James,

Thanks for taking a look. Let me know if you have any issues with attachment.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi James,

The eason for the mismatch on the relationship name is because the traps repeat has a geopoint question; with ArcGIS services, tables that have geometry (called layers at the service endpoint to distinguish from tables without geometry) always come before tables that do not have geometry; the naming of the relationship isn't aware of the changed order. I'll log an issue to address this.

JimmyKnowles

Hi James,

Thanks for the response and the explanation. So, a workaround for now would be to place repeats w/ geometry above any repeats w/o geometry? I can't remember if I tried this or not, but would creating a survey from an existing feature service with correctly named relationships be another workaround?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Yes, either would be appropriate workarounds.

JimmyKnowles

Thanks James, appreciate your help.

0 Kudos
JimmyKnowles

Another workaround is to delete and recreate the relationships with the correct names through the REST API. I followed the guidance I found at the following link

How To: Modify Relationships of Hosted Services 

Thanks RTreecare

0 Kudos