Manually reclassifying proportional symbols in ArcGIS online

09-11-2017 11:57 AM
StarrMoss
New Contributor

Hi all,

This I'm sure has been asked before, but I'm having trouble finding the answer.  I have a very basic proportional symbol map, but I seem to be unable to re-classify the proportional symbols beyond whatever default is given to me.  This should be very simple, the attribute field I wish to classify is a simple numeric field showing square footage.  

I go to "change style" tab, "counts and amounts", but then I do not see a way to re-classify, add a different classification scheme (ie manual, jenks, quantile etc).  Any thoughts appreciated, thanks.  

0 Kudos
1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

It looks like the ability to classify the data is lost when you are symbolozing on more than one attribute. If you only choose the Square Footage attribute in the change style window and then choose counts & amounts (size) you will see an option to classify data. 

When you specify another attribute (category) it converts the style to types &size. When you make this change it looks like the classify data option is no longer available. Please submit an idea to add a classify option in the types & size style.

https://community.esri.com/community/arcgis-ideas 

0 Kudos