cds2010

Geoprocessing task - invalid input parameter error

Discussion created by cds2010 on Jan 17, 2011
Latest reply on May 8, 2011 by mei76
Hello,

I have a geoprocessing task (a python script published to as a toolbox) which takes a user selected .zip containing .jpgs, extracts the gps info from the EXIF data, creates a temp point feature class, reprojects the feature class to correct coord system and finally merges these points with an existing point featureclass (which is published in a map service).

All of this works fine within ArcMap if I add the task to ArcToolbox.  The problem arises when I try to run this from the REST endpoint, or from my web app (Javascript API).  I get an 'Invalid input parameter' error for the .zip file.

I assume this error is because ArcGIS Server cannot access the .zip file, so my question is, how should this be referenced and where should the .zip file be stored?  If I hard code the directory to D:\myphotos\photos.zip it also runs fine, which suggests it's how the user selected input parameter is being read, or should be referenced.
I've tried creating virtual directories and using php to upload to the server, giving the SOC account permission to access the file but no luck.  I've also tried referencing it (at the REST endpoint) as \\myserver\myphotos\photos.zip, or D:\myphotos\photos.zip (where D:\ is a drive on the same server as ArcGIS Server), none of which work.

I've searched through the forums but can't seem to find anything that solves the problem, though I'm sure it's something simple that I'm missing.

Thanks
Craig

Outcomes