Size limit tile package file for Survey123

09-11-2017 05:20 AM
MicheleDe_Santis
New Contributor

Hi to all,

Is there a size limit for tile packages that can be used in Survey123? I have just generated a file of 24GB, but I can't load into Survey 123 for App on Android, instead I can see it into Survey123 for Desktop.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

Michele

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Michele,

How much free space is on the Android device?  How are trying to load the the TPK onto it?

0 Kudos
MicheleDe_Santis
New Contributor

Hi James,

I have loaded the TPK on the MicroSD of the Android device. It has 28 GB free space and the TPK weighs 24 GB. I'm trying to load the TPK file by uploading it directly to the MicroSD memory. I connect the MicroSD memory directly to my PC and after I insert it on the mobile device. Of course, I have nominated an additional Map Library Folder that represents my storage card.

Thanks, michele

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Michele,

How large is the MicroSD card file?  If it's 32GB it's likely that it is formatted in FAT32, which has a maximum file size of 4GB.  You might want to try re-formatting it to exFAT.  I've found http://www.androidauthority.com/high-capacity-microsd-cards-android-gary-explains-690710/  helpful in explaining how microSD cards are provisioned.

MicheleDe_Santis
New Contributor

Hi,

It's formatted to exFAT. I can load TPK on MicroSD card, but i can't see it as basemap. I have another file (PTK) on the same MicroSD of 380MB and it works well. So i was thinking that the problem was the size of the TPK file.

Thanks michele

0 Kudos