AnsweredAssumed Answered

Custom tool box parameter configuration

Question asked by BentonCoRoad on Sep 6, 2017
Latest reply on Sep 6, 2017 by mbabinski1988

I am trying to concatenate multiple strings from separate fields with the field calculator. One of the fields I want to be able to select one of any of the field presenting the table. So I thought I could create my field calculator statement and then make of the fields be a get parameter as text function but I am not seeing how to fill in the box to select which field I want to populate the parameter.

For the bigger picture,  I am trying to create an addressing tool the has some user inputs but then the tool puts all of the separate fields together to create a total address. The road numbers are created from the distance the house is away from the center point. So if a N to S road address would be calculated by the distance the house is on the Y axis and the opposite for an E to W road. I am using coordinates to subtract and convert to miles away along the axis from the center point. The only problem is it creates 2 address number depending on the directional of the road. I could leave it up to the person to just choose the right address or to choose the field that would give them the right number.

Any help or thoughts on the matter would be appreciated. Also, if you have any prior experiences creating tools like this is could use some guidance on how to make it all work.   

Outcomes