Survey123 fails with windows AD logins

09-06-2017 10:40 AM
RajuGopinath
New Contributor III

We have a single machine installation of ArcGIS Server/Portal and Data Store 10.5.1 which is a federated hosting server. Enterprise integration is enabled thru' Windows AD. So, all requirements of Survey123 is supposedly met. But, publishing the survey fails (hangs forever) if done thru' an enterprise login in Survey123 connect. The publishing works only when it's published thru' the initial portal admin.

Here are our observations:

1. Windows Active Directory integration uses "username@domain" format to login to the Portal account
  2. This creates a default working/publishing folder with a name "username@domain"
  3. Survey123 publishes only to this default folder. I didn't find a way to change the publishing folder while publishing thru Survey123 Connect

My fear is that "@"  in the folder name is causing issues with survey123 unless somebody has different observations.

Additional Info: With Enterprise login publishing, hosted feature services can be published by uploading data or publishing it for collector apps.

So, what other permissions (if any) is required for survey123 with Enterprise logins if not the above mentioned issue?

Anybody in the similar situation? Any thoughts?

Thanks

-Raju

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Raju,

I don't believe the @ symbol is causing the issue.  We have had other reports of customers with this issue on AD-configured portals, but have been having difficulty replicating it internally to be able to debug.  Can I ask that you file a tech support incident?  I'll also forward this to the product team- we may want to reach out directly to you on this.

0 Kudos
RajuGopinath
New Contributor III

Thanks James. I already opened a tech support incident two days back and it's still open. I am not seeing much result from that support. Hence, initiated a post here.

0 Kudos