Portal Home application misinterprets ArcGIS Online URLs in Application Items

Jump to solution
09-06-2017 07:37 AM
LucasScharenbroich
Occasional Contributor

I just ran into this strange situation on Portal 10.5. I was unable to find a BUG in the support site that described the issue and the list of resolved issues in 10.5.1 did not appear to contain it, either.

I wanted to create an Application Item in Portal that points to an application in my ArcGIS Online Organizational account using a URL like http://myorg.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=1fe52f64640247c99c772de938809f7a

Application Item Dialog in Portal 10.5

Once I click the Add Item, the item is created, but the URL is not pointing at the Portal URL with the ArcGIS Online Item ID appended

Application Item in Portal with wrong URL

If I look at the item's JSON data in AGO Assistant, the correct URL is present. So it appears to be a bug in the Home application where the URL is being interpreted and transformed into an local Portal URL.

JSON Data of Portal Application Item with Correct URL

I was able to work around the issue by using a URL shortening service on my original URL and saving the shortened URL in the Portal Application Item, but I would like to either find a way to prevent the Home application from transforming my URL, or know if this is a BUG that is fixed in Portal 10.5.1.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RandallWilliams
Esri Regular Contributor

I can say I don't see this issue in 10.5.1. There is an issue out there that seems to speak to this:

[#BUG-000106956 When copying URL of web app hosted on ArcGIS online organization site and add it as web app on Portal for ArcGIS, the URL on Portal for ArcGIS does not inherit from the original domain. ]

The notes from the analyst that log this indicate that this issue isn't repro at 10.5.1, which jives with my test.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
RandallWilliams
Esri Regular Contributor

I can say I don't see this issue in 10.5.1. There is an issue out there that seems to speak to this:

[#BUG-000106956 When copying URL of web app hosted on ArcGIS online organization site and add it as web app on Portal for ArcGIS, the URL on Portal for ArcGIS does not inherit from the original domain. ]

The notes from the analyst that log this indicate that this issue isn't repro at 10.5.1, which jives with my test.

LucasScharenbroich
Occasional Contributor

That certainly seems to described the problem.

0 Kudos