Managing AGS users

Jump to solution
09-04-2017 07:34 AM
PanGIS
by
Occasional Contributor III

Hi guys,

I need to change and delete a couple of users in our ArcGIS server built-in store.

While I am pretty sure that the termination of these accounts (admin, publisher and user) will not affect any service of ours, what about the primary site administrator name?

If I change the password I will lose the connection from ArcGIS Catalog and that's OK, I can recreate that.

But will the change of the PSA password affect any existing service?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I think you can edit the PSA username and password, without much disruption. Avoid deleting the PSA.

Edit the primary site administrator account—ArcGIS Server Administration (Windows) | ArcGIS Enterpri... 

If you don't need the PSA at this moment, you could just disable it. Ensure you have another Administrator user account.

Disabling the primary site administrator account—ArcGIS Server Administration (Windows) | ArcGIS Ent... 

Think Location

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I think you can edit the PSA username and password, without much disruption. Avoid deleting the PSA.

Edit the primary site administrator account—ArcGIS Server Administration (Windows) | ArcGIS Enterpri... 

If you don't need the PSA at this moment, you could just disable it. Ensure you have another Administrator user account.

Disabling the primary site administrator account—ArcGIS Server Administration (Windows) | ArcGIS Ent... 

Think Location
0 Kudos
PanGIS
by
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks, Jayanta.

Yes I am aware both of not to delete the PSA or the disabling option.

Right now I would like to clean a bit of rubbish but I will disable it as soon as possible.

0 Kudos