argis /esri maps too slow

08-31-2017 09:06 PM
charmaineRodericks
New Contributor

Hi, I have placed Esri maps in my Demographics dahsboard with Power Bi. ( July 17 version)

Data(Sql Server 2016 -tablular) - is on premisis by acces to all users is via the Powerbi service.

Thare are arund 1120 points/records tp plot with  lat and long.

Inital load is too long , i have a filter to select area which works fine on desktop  but just too much lag time when there is multiple selection on desktop and service.

sometime it takes upto 6 mins to render and load values and data points on the Map.

I have tried different browsers , but still seem to have an issue. I have a demo on soon and if this lag time appears, i will not be use Esri maps.

Request yours assistance if there is a fix for this issue.

Kind Regards

Charmaine Rodericks

Australia

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MicahBabinski
Occasional Contributor III

Hiya Charmaine,

Sounds like it could be your network connection, contention, and/or network latency. Is there a GIS/IT admin or manager to whom you can report this issue?

In general, drawing over 1000 features in one web map extent is know to cause performance problems. Also, a ton of other users accessing the same service (or others) can lead to a lot of network contention.

Good luck,

Micah

0 Kudos
MikeHoney
New Contributor II

Are you only using lat & lon or have you populated the Location field well also? Please post a snapshot of your Visualizations / Fields pane. 

0 Kudos