hello all, I am trying to change the zone value for the brown square below. How would i go about this? Would editing the verticies of the green square and surrounding it work? I tried that but got messy digitizing and pulling the lines. any tips? thanks

08-30-2017 07:05 PM
GeorgeJones
New Contributor II

q

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

values associated with features on a map are contained in the layer's table... open it and change it there.  If working in arcmap, get into an edit session.  Finish with geometry edits... then do attribute edits,

FYI... your question title is really the body of the question... 

JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Could you not just change the values in attribute table? You should edit the vertices of the polygons only if you want their geometry to be changed.

Think Location
GeorgeJones
New Contributor II

No. i'm trying to overlay the green layer with the brown layer. when you click on a point in the area above ( the green with white stripes or the solid green), the marker represents the value for the two different layers (overlay). however, the light brown square only contains the value for one layer- the light brown.  simply changing the values in the attribute table doesn't do it. 

0 Kudos
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Are you trying to do a union of the two layers (Union—Help | ArcGIS Desktop ) and concatenate the values (Calculate Field examples—Help | ArcGIS Desktop ) of two fields from the different layers?

0 Kudos