AnsweredAssumed Answered

Using HTTP feeds in ArcGIS for Portal

Question asked by michelle.oldfield_arcadis_uk on Aug 30, 2017
Latest reply on Sep 6, 2017 by michelle.oldfield_arcadis_uk

Hi there,

We have a Portal instance set up in Azure and I want to be able to use WMS & WFS feeds from the web in our maps.  I am able to add HTTPS services such as below, but when I try to add a HTTP service I get the error that the "It is either not available or you have entered an invalid URL for the type of layer you want to reference." I am able to add both services to AGOL without any problems.

The security in our Portal looks as though it should be able to receive HTTP (see attached image) but is there something else I need to do to ensure that the mixed content will work or am I barking up the wrong tree?

https://map.bgs.ac.uk/arcgis/services/GeoIndex_Onshore/boreholes/MapServer/WmsServer 

This feed works fine

Environment Data WMS Service 

Error message received in Portal: "It is either not available or you have entered an invalid URL for the type of layer you want to reference."

I have also tried adding the Environment data to a map that has a British National Grid basemap in case it is the projections that is preventing it from loading, although I would have thought that I would have received a different error message??

Any help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Attachments

Outcomes